In the world of bathroom bliss, where a sparkling-clean bathtub is the crown jewel of cleanliness if you’ve ever found yourself locked in an endless battle against soap scum, hard water stains, and grime, you’re not alone. But fear not! In this post, I’ll reveal the unsung hero of bathroom cleaning; the almighty bathtub brush. I’ll share the intricacies of selecting the perfect brush for cleaning a bathtub, exploring a range of options, from nylon bristles to long and short handles, to ensure your bathtub regains its pristine glory. So, if you’re ready to see the end of those stubborn stains and elevate your cleaning game, read on as we unravel the secrets of the “Best Brush to Clean a Bathtub.”
What Is The Best Brush To Clean A Bathtub?
I’ve tested six different options, and I’ll share my top pick, along with two that didn’t make the cut (but won’t be recommended). I rigorously tested each brush for over 10 minutes, assessing their performance in various conditions. To make the most of your cleaning experience, I suggest using a brush with a handle. It helps you access hard-to-reach areas and prevents arm fatigue.
1. Eyliden 2-in-1 Tub and Tile Scrubber Brush (Overall Best)
Cleaning the bathroom, especially the tub, can be a daunting task. The awkward bending and scrubbing can be a real hassle. That’s where the Eyliden 2-in-1 Tub and Tile Scrubber Brush comes to the rescue and makes the list of the overall best bathtub cleaning brush. This cleaning device has proven to be a game-changer, making cleaning sessions significantly easier and more efficient.
Dual-Functionality for Maximum Versatility:
One of the standout features of this brush is its dual functionality. It comes with two interchangeable attachments that cater to different cleaning needs.
The firm Stiff Bristle brush head is perfect for tackling stubborn stains on toilets, bathtubs, and floors, which is why it is the best tub scrubber.
On the other hand, the thick sponge-like scouring pad is designed to combat water stains on glass and ceramics.
With these two options, you’re equipped to handle various cleaning tasks effortlessly.
They usually range from around $15 to $20. Our best pick for the best budget bathtub brush (Eyliden 2 in 1 Tub and Tile Scrubber).
1. 180-Degree Rotation for Stability: Worry not about the stability of the brush heads during use. The Eyliden Tub and Tile Scrubber Brush can rotate a full 180 degrees, ensuring that the brush stays firmly in place while you clean. No more wobbling or slipping, just steady cleaning action. That’s why it’s highly recommended as the best scrubber for bathtub.
2. Comfortable and Convenient Design: The brush is designed with user comfort in mind. Its 49″ adjustable long handle eliminates the need for uncomfortable bending, stretching, kneeling, or crouching. Even at 9 months pregnant, users have found that the brush allows for cleaning without putting undue pressure on their backs.
3. Durable Build for Longevity: Crafted from sturdy PP material and steel, this brush is built to last. The materials ensure both durability and reliability, making it a solid investment for your cleaning arsenal. The hanging hole design on the handle makes storage a breeze, keeping your space clutter-free.
4. Multipurpose Cleaning Power: The versatility of the Eyliden Tub and Tile Scrubber Brush doesn’t end in the bathroom. Users have found it to be equally effective on other surfaces like floors, walls, and even windows. The pad attachments prove their worth, showcasing the brush’s ability to adapt to different cleaning challenges.
2. Lalafancy 2 in 1 Cleaning Brush For Bathtub (My Best Pick)
Lalafancy 2-in-1 Cleaning Brush For Bathtub with Long Handle, with easy-grip handle makes it comfortable to hold and easy to use, which is why it is my best pick for the best bathtub scrubber.
You can extend the long handle to the length of 47 inches. You can adjust the handle’s length according to your need. Making it the best bathtub brush with long handle.
They designed the brush head with soft nylon bristles that will not scratch your bathtub, shower, or other surfaces, it is rated the best long handled bathtub scrubber on Amazon, but currently not available, but you can find it at Walmart.
It can also reach every edge of your bathroom surface and make it cleaner than you expected, and the best tool to clean bathtub.
Whether you’re giving your bathroom a thorough clean, or just want to make sure it’s sparkling after a day of cleaning, you’ll need a great scrubbing brush.
Just consider the length of the handle. For most people, having a 36-inch handle is plenty long enough.Check Walmart
Anything longer than this is going to be uncomfortable, and anything shorter might be too short.
Another thing to consider is whether your scrub brush has an extra handle or two. We’ll discuss this in more detail below, but it’s worth pointing out right now that any time you add an extra part to the pole, you’re adding extra weight.
Because of this, the extra part will influence how comfortable it is to use the brush on your hands and arms and your wrists, and shoulders when picking up heavy items.
They usually range from around $20 to $26. Our best pick for the best scrub brush for bathtub (Lalafancy Brush).
3. OXO Grips Extendable Bathtub Scrub Brush (Best for Money)
OXO Grips Extendable Bathtub Scrub Brush extends from 26” to 42” with a quick twist of the pole. This Brush is great for tubs, tiles, glass, floors, and narrow spaces around the toilet. The sturdy bristles scrub broad surfaces and fit into corners and rounded areas.
They shaped the front bristles to get into corners and grout lines. The head pivots for cleaning at different angles. The sturdy steel pole has a soft non-slip grip.Check Walmart
Keep your bathtub and shower clean with the OXO Grips Extendable Tub & Tile Scrubber Brush. This brush has extra-stiff bristles that can scrub away soap scum and mildew stains, while the pivoting head lets you reach tough spots on both flat and curved surfaces.
- Extends from 26” to 42” with a quick twist to clean without climbing or crouching
- Great for tubs, tiles, glass, floors, and narrow spaces around the toilet
- Sturdy bristles scrub broad surfaces and fit into corners and rounded areas
- Front bristles shaped to get into corners, recesses, and grout lines
- Head pivots for cleaning at different angles
- Sturdy steel pole for tough scrubbing jobs with a soft non-slip grip
What Is the Best Way to Clean Bathtub? (Step by Step)
- Step 1: Gather your cleaning supplies. You’ll need a cleaning solution, such as vinegar, baking soda, or lemon juice, as well as a scrub brush or sponge.
- Step 2: Apply the cleaning solution to the surface of the bathtub. You can pour it directly onto the bathtub or spray it on, depending on the type of cleaning solution you’re using. Let it sit for a few minutes to allow the solution to work its magic.
- Step 3: Use a scrub brush or sponge to scrub the bathtub. Apply moderate pressure and use circular motions to remove dirt, grime, and stains from the surface. Pay special attention to areas that are heavily soiled.
- Step 4: Rinse the bathtub thoroughly with water. Use a handheld showerhead or a bucket of water to rinse off the cleaning solution and any loosened dirt or grime.
- Step 5: Dry the bathtub. Use a clean towel or microfiber cloth to wipe down the bathtub and remove any remaining moisture. This step helps prevent water spots and keeps the bathtub looking shiny.
- Step 6: Optional – Use a specialized bathtub cleaning product. If desired, you can use a commercial bathtub cleaner that is specifically designed to tackle soap scum or hard water stains. Follow the instructions on the product’s label for the best results.
- Step 7: Repeat regularly. To maintain a clean and hygienic bathtub, establish a cleaning routine. Depending on usage, aim to clean the bathtub at least once a week or as needed.
By following these steps, you can effectively clean your bathtub and keep it looking fresh and inviting.
FAQs on Best Brush to Clean Bathtub
Before cleaning your bathtub, there are a few things you need to consider, which include:
What Kind Of Material Did Your Bathtub Make Of?
If you have either Fiberglass, Porcelain, Acrylic, Ceramic, or Stone Resin bathtub, I would suggest getting one of those non-scratchy scrubbers that are shaped like a chubby star or flower. The bristles on these brushes are stiff enough to remove soap scum and dirt but soft enough that they won’t leave scratches in the tub.
How Much Time Do You Have To Clean Bathtubs?
If you don’t want to spend a lot of time cleaning your tub and you want something that will make it very easy to clean, then this is one of the best options. You can get it in small sizes that are great for bathrooms with small spaces. It works great on many bathtubs because it’s lightweight and easy to use.
It has a long handle that makes it easy to reach all those hard-to-reach places. The bristles are gentle so they won’t damage your bathtub and they won’t scratch it either.
They made the bristles from nylon, which is very durable and will last for years without needing to be replaced. We also made them from nylon, so they are very easy to clean and won’t leave any residue behind when you wash them off.
How Often Do You Plan On Cleaning It?
However, if you don’t plan on cleaning it very often, then consider one with stiffer bristles that can really get in there and scrub away the dirt and grime.
Can You Use A Brush To Clean A Bathtub?
If your tub is older and has some stains, try use “Bar Keepers Friend.”
It is a powder that you can mix with water to make a paste, then apply it on the stain and let it sit for about 5 minutes before scrubbing with your brush. I have had brilliant success removing rust stains from an old tub using this product.
Will A Scrub Brush Scratch A Bathtub?
Soft-bristle scrub brushes are available in natural and synthetic fibers. If you’re concerned about scratching your tub, a scrub brush with softer fibers may be easier to use without damaging your tub. However, there are some natural fiber scrub brushes that are also safe for use on porcelain and enamel tubs.
Final Thoughts On Best Brush for Bathtub
This post answered three important questions about cleaning a bathtub: which brush is the best to use in a bathtub, best way to clean the bathtub, and what is the best way to clean it?
All in all, a clean bathtub can greatly enhance the overall look of your bathroom. To achieve this, it’s essential to choose the right brush and follow the best way to clean it. After researching and testing various brushes, I will say the best brush for cleaning bathtub the OXO Good Grips Bathtub Brush is the best option. With its soft bristle head and easy-to-use handle, it can effectively remove soap scum and hard water stains without the need for harsh chemicals.
By following the tips and tricks mentioned in this post, you can keep your bathtub sparkling clean and always looking like new. So, why wait? Get yourself a brush today and start cleaning that bathtub the right way!